Sunday, December 10, 2006

Introduction

The purpose of this blog is to capture my somewhat random thoughts on investing. While I hope the concepts are global, any individual stocks and other investments covered here will be Australian.

I have a bias towards a value style of investing. By value I mean that approach first put forward by Benjamin Graham and later popularized by Warren Buffett of Berkshire Hathaway fame. I have read 2 of Benjamin Graham's books and much of what Waren Buffett has written (in addition to much of what has been written about him as well). This style of investing makes alot of sense to me and as such I try to apply its principles in my own investing.

I hope to present some information which new investors (like myself) will find helpful as they start out investing in public companies. I will also be presenting my ideas on some individual companies. Please read the disclaimer for more on this.

Lets get started then.

No comments: